There comes a time in every young developer’s life where he realizes that the knowledge he gains from work alone will not be enough to carry his career for the next few decades. For me, this time is now. I need to find a way to take my skill-set as a software engineer, corporate employee, and member of the development community to the next level and I think journaling my growth as a developer through this techblog is a great place to start.
With this blog, I will attempt to accomplish the following:
- Keep track of my growth as a developer.
- Improve my communication skills.
- Establish an online presence.
- Put my work in a central location so I can find it later.
- Document my outside-of-work projects.
- Post on a semi-consistent basis.
- Keep the content light and hassle free so this doesn’t feel like work.
- Provide interesting, entertaining, and informative information about technology, specifically programming and working as a software engineer.
Some of the articles for this blog will be merged from my old blog Cube Antics. I decided to switch to Creating Code because I wanted to take a different direction for my writing. Cube Antics had too many scatterbrained articles over random topics and the articles that did focus on programming were not very in-depth. My main goal is to increase the level of effort and detail that goes into each post and focus more on quality instead of quantity.
My primary goal with Creating Code is to become a better programmer by making the readers of this blog better programmers.
Let’s get started.